Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hot Yoga


Can you guess the hobby I picked up for the summer?? Yup → Hot Yoga! And I love love love it! It’s super tough but you feel soooo good after. The heat helps to burn more calories, stretch further, detoxify the body and prevent injury. I really want to learn to do a hatha series on my own, so once a week on my blog I’m going to post a yoga position of the week!

So I’ll start off with the simplest one: Savasana (also known as corpse pose).


Simply lie down on your mat, arms by your side with your palms facing up, and relaxxx. Allow every part of yourself to melt from the tip of your toes to your mind. Can you believe that’s a pose?! I always do this at the start and end of class and it feels sooo good at the end. You detach yourself from all thoughts and just breathe. This is hugely beneficial for stress and anxiety, and the rest after such an intense workout is also very healthy physically.

Happy yoga-ing ☺

Love, Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment